The Android ecosystem has issues with how the OEM Battery Optimization functions.
As we don’t want to force our users to whitelist or give any permissions to the Honeygain app we have implemented all possible measures to keep the app alive. But it’s getting more difficult to achieve, especially with the latest updates...
Anyhow, you can still try Disabling Battery/Power saving and tweaking Optimization Settings.
Disable Battery/Power Saving
Samsung devices | Huawei devices | HTC Devices | Google Devices | Google Devices and Android 10
- Access Battery settings > App Power Saving > Details > Honeygain > Disabled
On Newer Samsung Device
- Settings > Apps > Honeygain > Battery > Optimise battery usage > Not Optimised
- Settings > Apps > Honeygain > Battery > Allow background activity > On
- Turn Energy Settings to Normal and add Honeygain to Protected Apps.
- Phone Settings -> Battery -> Power Saving Mode -> Battery Optimization -> select app -> don’t optimise -> save.
- Settings > Battery Saver > Off
- Settings > Apps & Notifications > Special app access > Battery optimisations > Not Optimised (Honeygain should be in list)
- Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info > Honeygain > Advanced (Battery) > Background Restriction = Background usage can't be restricted.
- Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info > Honeygain > Advanced (Battery) > Battery Optimisation = Not Optimised
Google Devices and Android 10
- Open Settings on your device then check the following:
- Locations > App Permissions > Honeygain > Allow all the time
- Battery > Battery Saver > Off
- Apps & Notifications (Press see all apps) > Honeygian > Battery > Battery Optimisation > (Should be Not optimised)
OnePlus | Samsung | Huawei | HTC | MIUI (Xiaomi) | Sony | LG | Motorola
- Phone Settings > Battery > Battery optimization - switch to the All apps list (Top menu) – Select Honeygain and choose Don’t optimize
- Phone Settings > Applications > Select three dot menu (Top right corner) > Special Access > Optimise Battery usage > ensure that Honeygain is NOT selected.
- Phone Settings > Apps > Advanced (At the bottom) > Ignore optimizations - Press 'Allowed' and select All apps - ensure Honeygain is set to Allow.
- From the Home screen, tap , and then find and tap Settings.
- Tap Power
- Tap battery optimization
- Tap Not optimized > All apps to see the complete list of apps.
- To turn off battery optimization, tap the Honeygain, and then tap Don't optimize > Done.
- Phone Settings > Additional Settings > Battery & Performance > Manage apps' battery usage > Choose apps and select Honeygain
- Phone Settings > Battery > Select the (...) menu in the top right corner and press Battery Optimisation > Apps > Honeygain
- Phone Settings > Battery & Power saving – Battery usage > Ignore optimizations> Turn on to ignore battery optimization for Honeygain.
- Phone Settings > Battery > tap the menu in the top right corner () – Select Battery Optimization’ > Tap Not Optimised and select All Apps – Find Honeygain on this list and Select ‘Don’t Optimize’.