"Network overused” error means that there are more than 1 device with active Honeygain application connected to the same network. This is the maximum number of devices that the Honeygain network supports per one network/IP. Don't worry about the error, as the device with this error message will take place if one of your other devices gets disconnected from the network for some reason. However, here’s what can be done to fix this error message:
- Make sure that you have no more than 1 device connected to your network/IP.
- Have your overused devices connected to a different network/IP, like a mobile network or a different WiFi connection.
- Check the list of connected devices through your WiFi router for any unauthorized devices connected to your network.
- Take into consideration, that if you get this error while being connected to the public network or some kind of VPN connection, there can be other users who also use Honeygain.
- If you are assigned with dynamically changing IP address, try restarting your router, as this can cause your ISP to assign you with a different IP address that is not being shared with other of their clients.
If the provided suggestions did not resolve your issue and you are sure that you are not over the limit regarding the device number, it is possible that you were assigned a used/in-use IP address by your ISP. As there is a limited amount of IPv4 addresses throughout the world and the amount of free (not used) IPv4 addresses are running out, some ISPs are assigning the same IP address to multiple users and this may be the case with your account. If the same IP address is assigned to multiple people and those people are using Honeygain as well, the Network Overused error message would appear, as there would be more than two devices on the same IP address from multiple accounts.
In this case, you would need to contact your ISP directly and request a new IP address that would be fresh and not assigned to anyone else.